I already told N and some of my family about this, but I figured I’d throw it up here too. I’m wondering if I might have developed or be in the process of developing an allergy to something. I have never had an allergy before, discounting a possible sensitivity to penicillin that I never got tested for, so this would be something completely new to me, and not necessarily in a good way.

About a week and a half ago, I began noticing that I was getting small, red, incredibly itchy spots on my forearms, backs of my hands, ankles, and tops of my feet. They looked a lot and reminded me a lot of bug bites, so I figured that’s exactly what they were. I didn’t know how I was getting them, but I wasn’t all that worried about them. The past couple of days, however, I realized that I didn’t have the spots all the time and began to notice a pattern in when I got them. I began noticing that I had the spots around fifteen to twenty minutes after I had eaten breakfast (and occasionally other meals), and that after a couple of hours, they would disappear. Bug bites don’t do that so quickly.

So now I’m a little bit worried that I’m becoming allergic to something I’ve been eating with breakfast (and sometimes at lunch or dinner). I have no idea what it might be, but will be keeping track of when and how long I get the spots for the next few days. My mom and N both suggested that I go to student health to get the spots checked out, which I should probably do next time I have the opportunity. I’m hoping that it isn’t an allergy (especially since I like everything I’ve been eating for breakfast), but I guess we’ll see.

Comments are closed.